Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse - PCLINE PCL-WOD1


Purely from a review perspective - On the PCLINE PCL-WOD1 wireless keyboard and mouse, while both devices were working, the keyboard wasn't as responsive as with some keys just failing to register while typing and having to retype it. The optical mouse didn't have the smoothest tracking, but, was adequate enough for average use.

Everything was fine at the get go but after a day the keyboard stopped working and I had to resort to my wired keyboard for a while. Nothing much occurred except a drop from a very low height of the keyboard since the purchase, and, I don't know if that was the reason it stopped working or not. Then again, it stopped working a day after that incident. I tried changing batteries, although I'm not sure the pack I had with me was that fresh or
not.

I was almost ready to take it back when I took it back out, put in the batteries I had in when it stopped working, and it started working perfectly. Just to note, the mouse had been working without a hitch all this while.

While searching online for anything to help I came across this resource about the same device. And other searches for a website for the company only turned up a portal for driver downloads. There weren't any drivers available for this particular device. Whilst this post was up, the keyboard has failed again so after much hunting and running around for proof of payment I got it replaced for the same model. 

And after just under a month and half, the keyboard has stopped working again. I've taken it back for a refund, and, at this very moment, I'm back to my old wired keyboard and mouse. I highly suggest to anyone looking at this model not to purchase it and pay the extra € 15-25 for trusted brand name devices.I opted for a Logitech.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello mates, pleasant post and pleasant urging commented here, I am
in fact enjoying by these.

Anonymous said...

Hey there exceptional blog! Does running a blog such as this
take a great deal of work? I have very little understanding of programming but I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.

Anyhow, should you have any recommendations or techniques
for new blog owners please share. I understand this is
off subject but I simply had to ask. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Its like you learn my thoughts! You seem to know a lot approximately this,
such as you wrote the guide in it or something.
I believe that you just could do with some p.c.
to drive the message house a bit, however instead of that,
that is fantastic blog. A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.

keyboard stopped working windows 10 said...

It will be a disaster if your laptop or PC’s keyboard with Windows 10 doesn’t respond well as efficiently as it should be. All your money, excitement, and interest in working with your PC will go straight into the trash in such a situation like keyboard stopped working windows 10. There can be various reasons for your keyboard not working Windows 10 properly. So, let us help you in resolving major issues which can trigger your keyboard not to work properly.